*Disclaimer: These pictures were taken at midnight and we were just excited to be finished and not concerned about looking great!
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Post 21 No Junk-food Challenge
So I just finished my 21 day No junk-food challenge and... I LOVED it! The first couple days were hard because one, I realized all my snack stuff was on the list and two, I think I was having sugar withdrawals. I don't eat a lot of sugar anyway but since it was Halloween time and there were loads of candy everywhere! So after the first few days of getting used to the idea of not eating pretty much any sweets I really started to enjoy it. I could tell I felt better when I didn't eat all the junk and you know what? I actually noticed that after about a week and a half or two weeks I was losing weight! My exercise regimen hadn't changed. It mostly consists of yoga and a run or two a week. So without any change in that and just a slight change in diet I was definitely losing weight! I was pleased with that and I was feeling even better and could focus more! So in all the only thing I would change would be to get healthy snacks to replace my habit of bad ones. I liked how I felt so much that I decided that I want to do this for 21 days out of every month. I think it is a little unrealistic to do it every single day, especially the white bread part. (I think the hardest time I had during the whole thing was going to Texas Roadhouse and not being able to eat the dinner rolls, it was moderate torture!) So I am going to start every month and if I need to take a day off here and there it is okay as long as I get my 21 days in somewhere during the month. And if I get them all done early I will have a whole chunk of days at the end. Hopefully how good I feel during the first part of the month will help me stay away from the junk the rest of the month. So Beka and I won the costume contest at the party we went to on Halloween so at midnight of the last day of our challenge we stayed up until midnight so we could eat our Snickers bar! Enjoy our midnight pictures with the candy bar!


*Disclaimer: These pictures were taken at midnight and we were just excited to be finished and not concerned about looking great!
*Disclaimer: These pictures were taken at midnight and we were just excited to be finished and not concerned about looking great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BAHAHAHHA!I look hottt. i'm actually excited to do this again! are we starting Jan 1?
ReplyDelete