Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Looking Down to Look Up

Sometimes life is hard. Sometimes life is hard a lot of the time. Things happen in life and we do not know the reason or why it happens. Sometimes there is absolutely nothing we can do about it and it is hard to be chipper and perky and pretend like everything is okay and that is okay. Sometimes it takes looking down to look up.
It was raining the other day and I didn’t have my umbrella. So I had my hood on and was looking down so my face wouldn’t get soaked and to look out for puddles. I was think about how rain makes us look down and is a little gloomy. Being born and rained on a farm rain was always a blessing but I do love the sun and light, which brings life to everything. But today the rain was gloomy. As I looked down I saw these leaves on the ground.


They are beautiful! And for a moment I looked up and saw the even more beautiful tree they came from. When the rain falls and we don’t have an umbrella and life is hard and we do not know why or we are not in control of the circumstances that make things difficult sometimes it is okay to look down. As long as when and while we look down we see the little beautiful things in our lives that then make us look up to our Father in Heaven and see an even more beautiful sight. I love the Lord and I am grateful for the times the Lord allows me to look down and then in turn I see the little beautiful blessings in my life that make me look up to Him and be thankful.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely most definitely the post I needed today. My husband and I are going through some hard times right now and its hard to maintain the optimism and keep looking at the bright side everyday. Sometimes its easier to just look down. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete