So I don’t really like cookies, cake, ice cream or other things like that. I don’t even really like chocolate that much. I know that is supposed to be a girl thing to love chocolate but my dad doesn’t like it either and I contribute my not liking it to him. Anyway but somehow because Mormons always have food and often times it is desserts or treats I become a social sweet eater. I eat these things even though I don’t really like them. My friend decided to go on a 21 day No Junk Food Challenge and I saw this as a good reason to stop eating food I don’t like. Besides none of the food is doing you any good anyway. So on November 1st we started our no junk food challenge. I wasn’t about to do this without putting a whole team together! So my roommate, my mom and dad, (Dad was a little sad knowing he couldn’t have ice cream for 21 days but he’s done a really good job!) and of course my friend who had the idea all embarked on this journey 15 days ago. Fifteen days in and we are doing great! I feel great. I really feel good and the only hard part is when you are traveling not to justify. So I had to settle for a fruit smoothie in the Denver airport. My friend and I like how we feel and doing this so much I think it is going to make a come back in January for another 21 days. Here is the list of things that are off limits.
I am going to have to say the white bread is probably the hardest for me just because so many things have white flour or are just white bread. For instance, I was at the mall the other day thinking a pretzel was not too unhealthy then I got there and realized it is white bread. I asked them if they had anything made with whole wheat and the look was hilarious. Sadly, no whole wheat and no pretzel for me. I already feel slimmer, though I think that is all psychological!

Knock, knock. Um, how's your 21 days w/o junkfood going? Just found your blog and now wondering. I should try this myself. I'd probably weep daily (but feel wonderful).
ReplyDeleteWhat is so bad about peanut butter??
ReplyDelete