One of the best things that has come from moving to Washington D.C. it the amazing missionary experiences I have had since I have been here. In June I had a friend who was meeting with the missionaries and asked me to come to the discussions with him. I had never actually been a part of the missionaries teaching an investigator. I was pretty nervous but really excited. If you want to read about it click HERE.
Meeting with the missionaries and being a part of the discussion was really a great experience for me. It was nice to return to the simplest doctrine of our religion. We talked about the concept of God and how he is our loving heavenly father. This simple truth I have known all my life and have never doubted and it was a brand new concept for him. As we talked more about principles and the gospel the spirit testified to me the things I know are true and I know more than I realized. I have grown up in the church and I went to primary and Young Womens every Sunday and was taught at home but I have never been a great scriptorian. I would love to have scriptures memorized and remember the exact references to things. But I'm not there yet. It was a sweet comfort to me to be know I do know things about the gospel and I not only believe the doctrines of the gospel but I know them to be true. I know, I have prayed and received an answer. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is Christ's church restored wholely and perfectly. Knowing this even in its simplicity makes life beautiful.
Being outside of Utah where even if you are not a member of the church you probably still know plenty about the church, there are plenty of people to share the gospel with. Here, there are opportunities to plant seeds and share the gospel everywhere! From people at work to people you meet on the metro to anywhere! I love sharing the gospel and am so grateful for the opportunities that are so ample they almost fall into your lap. My goal is to begin studying Preach My Gospel so I can be better prepared to be a missionary and share the gospel. I hope we all are a window to the Lord's love and utilize the opportunities to share the gospel that are presented to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment