I since my freshman year my roommates got me hooked in the music from the musical Wicked. I love the music and listen to it often. If we were ever I the car together would find us blaring Defying Gravity and all of us singing at the top of our lungs. Since then I have always dreamed of going. It came to Boise earlier this summer but unfortunately I moved to D.C. before it came and I was never in a city big enough for it to be at for anymore than a one night visit. Lucky for me, I moved to Washington D.C. where they do have musicals often and this summer Wicked happened to be the main event at the Kennedy Center. I decided I was going to go but things came up and with tickets being expensive I could not find anyone who was not already going to go with me. I mentioned to a very good friend of mine, whom I met at work, I had wanted to go but just as a side note. The next day at work he came up and said he had looked up tickets and we wondered if I wanted to go that weekend. OF COURSE I DID!!! He was so kind to call it an early birthday present and treat me to a night at the theatre. All week I was so excited. The tickets came and he even let me open the package. I danced around the room and told him over and over again how excited I was to be going. He said he had never seen anyone so excited and if this was how excited I got he would buy me things more often. I think he just thought it was funny to watch me dance around the room to my own little tune.
We snapped a little picture of us really quickly before the lady came over and told us to put the camera away.
The play was so beautiful! It is a lovely story of good versus evil and sometimes things are not what they appear to be. It is the prequel to The Wizard of Oz, which I have not seen, but the only references to it were obvious enough I know what they were talking about. The cast was phenomenal. The set was amazing. The atmosphere of the whole night was magical. I could not possible ask for a better night for one of my dreams to come true!
As we were leaving we saw Les Miserables was coming in October. If only I was still in DC then you know where you could find me!


No comments:
Post a Comment