Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The sister visit

My wonderful little sister got to come out and make a visit in May. It was fun to have someone out here to do the tourist thing with. We went to the National Mall, some Smithsonian museums, Mount Vernon, and the beach! It was so much fun! I love having her around and I think she had a good time too!


Of course we had to stop at all the monuments and take a picture and all the cliche' ones as well!

We thought it would be fun to tickle the elephant at the Smithsonian.
She thought it would be funny to pick his nose.


We tried to fit in with some of the exhibits.
This picture has a story. I thought it would be a clever picture to have one of the first light bulbs above my head like in the cartoons when they have a bright idea because, naturally, I full of bright ideas! So I made my sister take this picture until we got just the right one. I was so pleased with the picture and what a great idea it was. She put this one along with all the others up on Facebook and our brother commented on it, noticing the light bulb was not on, hence as in the cartoons, no good idea. I think this picture may be more factual to me than any of us thought it would be. I asked my sister if she notice the irony of the picture and the light not being on but she said she didn't want to say anything because I thought it was such a great idea for a picture..

One of our favorite places to visit was the National Archives. It is the home of the Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, the Constitution, and other really cool documents. We went and watch a little video on the Declaration of Independence and we were the only ones in the whole theater. It was really fun! I highly recommend visiting!

We also made a stop at Mt. Vernon which is George Washington's estate. It was also a lot of fun and it was in a beautiful stop looking over the Patomic River. The house was beautiful and fun to see the colorful walls that was one way they would show their wealth.

It was a beautiful estate.

Pretty arches, pretty river, pretty girls.
Over Memorial Day weekend we headed down to Duck Beach in Outer Banks, North Carolina. I never had any desire to live or even visit North Carolina. All that changed, I would love to live on the beach in North Carolina, even during hurricane season just to be there the rest of the year! This was our amazing beach house! Some day I'll live next to a beach.
These were our awesome roommates! That weekend I made some wonderful friends.
But the best sister in the world made the weekend great! I am four years older than her but everyone thought she was the older one. That's okay I guess that means when we're both older wishing we looked young I'll at least look younger than her! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment