Thursday, February 3, 2011

Update on Women's Conference

Well I have talked about being called to serve on the Women's Conference committee last July and what a journey it has been! I have loved every moment of it. All of these women are wonderful! The first week we all introduced ourselves and every single one of them, except one, serve on some other general church committee. They are amazing women who have incredible testimonies and are truly doing the will of the Savior. Through the process of preparing for everything the need to have the spirit with me always has been one of the best things that has happened to me. My relationship with the Savior has grown so much! Over the past months having a greater personal, daily relationship has changed my life. I am so grateful that the Lord is mindful of me and the blessings in my life that are so individual to me. The Lord blesses me with things in my life that I did not even know I needed but as they come I realize what blessings they are.
On the 27th of January we had our presenter's meeting. All of the wonderful women, and some men, came and had an orientation and learned a little about Women's Conference. As I was there, I was there not only as a member of the committee but also as a presenter! I knew of all of the people that were asked to speak at Women's Conference and I never saw my name. The letters were sent our right after Christmas and started making phone calls as soon as I got back to Provo. As I checked the mail I saw a letter from BYU Women's Conference. I didn't think anything of it as I walked back to my apartment. I figured it was Christmas card or something. As I opened it I realized I had seen a letter similar to this one, the sample letter, but this one was for me. I will be speaking on bringing the sisters of all ages in Relief Society together. I again feel greatly inadequate, as I am again the youngest speaker at Women's Conference. Though I do know that the Lord qualifies who He calls. When Elder Anderson was called as an apostle he said this, "I know that when we are on the Lord’s errand, he will be with us, he will strengthen us, he will build our capacities." I know this to be true. No matter what our capacity is when we are on an errand from the Lord he does strengthen us, I have felt that strength. He has given me the power do do more than I ever thought I could. I pray that no matter what calling I have or what ever I may be doing that I can always be on an errand of the Lord. I am so grateful for this opportunity and pray that the Lord will continue to be with me and I prepare to speak to His wonderful daughters!

2 comments: