He has never been a better example of me as he is now and I love and miss him dearly! Not a day goes by I don't think about him. He inspires me to be better than I am and to do things that no one thought I could. His unwaivering faith and complete willingness to do what he has always known he wanted to do gives me strength. The letters that I got from him in the MTC when he was bearing his testimony or when he was thinking of me I will always cherish! I love you brother and I would not want you anywhere else in the world! I know this is where the Lord wants you to be and that is enough to give me the strength to have my best friend 3,309 miles away.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Missing my brother
I love my brother! I'm so proud of him and what he's doing. He was in the MTC for Christmas but he flew out to Columbia the morning after which means we got to talk to him! It was so good to be able to talk to him. He has never been much of a phone talker and things didn't change but it was so nice just to be able to talk to him The past couple months have been a little rough not being with him. He has been my best friend from the day he was born. I have been his number one fan and always loved spending time with him. Weather is was buying lunch for him every day my senior year because he "forgot his wallet" to those early days when I would speak for him, or he would hold my hand as I got my hair brushed. or the times when we would be moving sprinkler pipes and I would complain about not wanting to carry the heavy side and he would willingly take the heavier side so I wouldn't have to even though I was older. Or the times we shared a room and we would stay up late every night talking. Or the moments when there was a spider and I would be the one sometimes that had to go smash it because we were both so scared of them. Or our trips to buy as many bottles of soda at Coast to Coast that we could fit on our bikes as be drove to the barn. Or the sometime endless dogpiles that consisted of Kati, him, and me just because he missed me. Or the texts as I was driving home,wondering where my face was because he was waiting up for me to be home. The movies that we would start too late at night and end up both falling asleep on the couch. The random phone calls I would get every once in a while just to see when I was coming home next. When he would come to visit me at school, when we would go on double dates together and we would be on the way to go pick up his date before I found out who he was taking. Or being on the big toy at McDonald's and I was so scared to go across the net because I thought it might fall and he would go over to the other side and reach out his had and promise me that I wouldn't fall and that I could hold on him to him the whole time. He always put up with the endless cute little brother comments and even when I thought I was tough and could take him in a wrestling match he humor me for a while before he would always win. Or when I met him the last Wednesday at the temple just because I needed to see him and he sent a letter home telling me it was against the rules but he was happy to see me!
He has never been a better example of me as he is now and I love and miss him dearly! Not a day goes by I don't think about him. He inspires me to be better than I am and to do things that no one thought I could. His unwaivering faith and complete willingness to do what he has always known he wanted to do gives me strength. The letters that I got from him in the MTC when he was bearing his testimony or when he was thinking of me I will always cherish! I love you brother and I would not want you anywhere else in the world! I know this is where the Lord wants you to be and that is enough to give me the strength to have my best friend 3,309 miles away.
He has never been a better example of me as he is now and I love and miss him dearly! Not a day goes by I don't think about him. He inspires me to be better than I am and to do things that no one thought I could. His unwaivering faith and complete willingness to do what he has always known he wanted to do gives me strength. The letters that I got from him in the MTC when he was bearing his testimony or when he was thinking of me I will always cherish! I love you brother and I would not want you anywhere else in the world! I know this is where the Lord wants you to be and that is enough to give me the strength to have my best friend 3,309 miles away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment