Friday, February 11, 2011

San Diego State Vs. BYU

Not very often do we have a huge game played in the Marriott Center. This year we are currently ranked #7 which makes us kind of a big deal. A few weeks ago we were ranked #9 and we were hosting #4 SDSU on a Wednesday night at the Marriott Center. I feel like sports is one of those things that goes along with the college experience so my friends and I decided we were going to be serious about getting into this game! BYU was not very smart about how they planned on doing this so our journey to the game began Tuesday at 11am! We stood in line for 2 1/2 hours!

I only have one class on Tuesdays and I have a meeting at 7am. At 6:30am when I went to school it was really warm and I thought I would be just find to wear my moccasins. However, just as I got out of class at 10:45am it started to snow a VERY wet snow! I braved the weather and walked to get in line. As it continued to snow this very we snow my feet got even more wet, and soon enough they were freezing! The line moved so slowly and at one point I was at the bottom right before the sidewalk started going up. So there was a nice big puddle that I was standing in. So I huddled up to some people that I didn't know trying to stay out of the water. I was not sure how much longer I could take of having frozen feet but I had already been there for over 2 hours and I couldn't leave now! So I started to count to 1000 just to get my mind off of how cold my feet were. and by the time I got to 472, I was counting very VERY slowly, we made it to the front of the line!

When you got to the front of the line they gave you the beloved green wristband! When you saw someone else on campus that had that wristband you formed a connection and you knew that they had stood out in the cold for hours just like you just to get into the game the NEXT day!

Wednesday finally came and they told us that you had to be in line at 4pm, which was 4 hours before the game! If you weren't in line by then you lost your spot and had to go to the end of the line. So I left one class early and skipped on class entirely just to stand in line and freeze! However, today I was smart and not going to let my feet get cold again so I wore my warmest shoes!

We stood in line for 2 hours outside waiting to go in. It wasn't too bad for the first bit while the sun was up but once it went down it got pretty cold! But we had pizza delivered to us by my wonderful friend's mom and we visited and we were doing good! We finally got to go inside and man it was crazy. I am surprised the older lady in front of me didn't get trampled! They let everyone in so fast that the line was running! But we made it in and we were 4 rows up from the friends and family section which I was pretty happy with! When we got in there, there was a performance by TJ Fredette, Jimmer's older brother it is was alright, it was cool because it was about Jimmer and pretty sweet. Though I'm not sure I can take a white guy, with a missionary part in his hair, and an argyle sweater on, that can rap. But I guess we are at BYU so what can you do?

Finally the game began! It was awesome! It was so loud in there you couldn't even hear yourself cheer at the top of you lungs! it was so fun! Jimmer and the whole team played well! However, if you've ever gone to a basketball game with me you know there is something that always happens. My feet get really hot. It always really warm in the Marriott Center and I feet are temperature sensitive anyway so I always have to take my shoes off if I want to enjoy the game. So I did! And even down to my socks I'm a true blue cougar!

We were so excited to be at the game! Here are some of the friends that I was with!

After the game it was crazy! Fans stormed the court! They weren't supposed to but how can you not when we just had a game like that? So the security guards tried to make a statement and grabbed anyone they could! It really was the funniest thing I have ever seen! It it wasn't such a good game that could have been the best part. There was a cop that had a really big belly and he used to to push people out of they way! If you ask me someone I'll reenact it for you! It was the best!

It was a great day for BYU basketball and definitely worth skipping class for! I am proud to be a cougar!

No comments:

Post a Comment