Saturday, August 6, 2011

Farewell Washington D.C.

All things must come to the end including the perfect summer. My last few days in Washington I didn't go to work. A lot of my time was spent packing. I spend my whole summer living out of three suit cases, which I think is pretty impressive. I had to pack them all efficiently so they were not overweight. One night we went to a Nats game which was really fun! I enjoy watching baseball a lot. Probably because you can watch it and still be social at the same time. Here we are at the game!

I finally packed everything just right and was out to spend one last night in the city. My friends had a fun good-bye party for me with some really good food!

This isn't everyone but a fun picture. I miss them all! Then we went to a candy store that had all kinds of old candies that are hard to find. We found out you get a discount if you have a military ID. So...we had one girl ID and one boy ID and so all of us got a discount! Except for one..one of my friends was standing behind me and asked if he could use "my" ID as well and I said, "You know we are practically family" The cashier took this as we were engaged and so the fun began. We confirmed that we were and I answered most of the wedding questions. Then she asked us how long we had been dating and luckily we were on the same wave length and both said a year and a half at exactly the same time! We were so giggly and happy and she thought it was because "we were so cute and in love" when it really was because we can only tell a lie for so long before we start laughing. That lady still thinks we are getting married in October and we're the cutest couple she's ever seen! It was pretty fun!
After that we talked about army bases and I had said I have never been to one and I brought my passport just in case I ever needed to get in to a place or prove I was a US citizen. Then we got talking about Church's fried chicken and how amazing it was. I am not particularly fond of fried chicken but my friends convinced me it was the best fried chicken they had ever had. So we decided we were going to beat the clock and go to Fort Belvoir so I could say I've been on an army base and to get this famous fried chicken. According to the GPS it said we would get there just a few minutes before they closed. We raced against the clock and made it on to the base and were there 4 minutes before closing. Just in time to find out they had already closed. Well I have worked fast food and I know if you stare at the employees though the drive through window they will come tell you they are closed. So there we sat. Soon enough they came to tell us they were closed but not before I could tell them that we just drove over an hour to get here and we had heard about how amazing their chicken was and we were moving the next day and this was our only chance to experience their chicken. This was enough to get the manager. I relayed the story again and...

Walah! We had our own FRESH Church's friend chicken! And....it was AMAZING! If friend chicken always tasted that good I would be hooked! Good think I don't live in the south where they are more Church's fried chicken else I might be twice the size I am now! It was a great night! Thanks to all my dear friends I made over the summer and making it such a great experience! I can't wait until we all meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment