Thursday, November 4, 2010

The MTC

Well the whole month of October went wayy too fast. The end came and before I knew it the time had come when Zac was headed to the MTC. I drove home the weekend before to hear him speak and for the party. I had to leave Sunday to be back to class and he came down with mom on Monday. We went out to eat at Good Wood BBQ for his last supper and then Wednesday morning we got everything ready at got him all dressed up. I was doing great until Dad called and asked mom how I was doing. I've never done anything without Zac and really hadn't adequately prepared to have him leave. I kept telling myself that I wouldn't want him anywhere else in the world! Which I don't. I'm so proud of him and know that he is making an incredible sacrifice and if he is that willing to serve the Lord and really go as far out of his comfort zone as he is than I can really make any sacrifice to serve the Lord. He is a great example to me and I am missing him greatly! He's only been gone a week and has already gotten 3 letters from me! But if that keeps us close and him a little more comfortable and safe I'll do anything for him. I'm not sure if it was harder from me or Mom dropping him off at the MTC. I was trying so hard to be strong but it really was hard. As I was standing there on the curb with him I just wanted to leave everything behind and go and serve the Lord and nothing else! But I do know the Lord has a plan for me and to be His servant where I can best be an instrument I need to be here. I love what I'm doing and I'm so grateful for the testimony that Zac has and his willingness to be obedient and serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment