Wednesday, June 6, 2012
The Intern
Living in Washington D.C. you hear this phrase all the time. Almost everyone here has been the intern at some point. I am looking forward to the last time. Being the planner I am, I started working on internship applications last August. I have spend hours researching, willing out applications, doing pre-interviews, editing and revising countless times, and finally submitting my applications for the May 5 deadline. I think the hardest part through it all was putting all of my work of the past 10 months on these things in the hands of the postal service. I applied to four internships and within the first week I heard from three of them informing me that they were no longer doing a dual internship. This was probably the most nerve racking thing! But I know the Lord has a plan for me and is teaching me to trust in Him. I called my professor to update him on the situation and see what counsel he had for me. He said he had talked to a Recreational Therapist from the National Institute of Health and they really wanted a BYU intern and since I was out there it might be an option. If I were to take a child life internship I technically wouldn't graduate from college until I completed a TR internship so I decided I really wanted to get this college degree thing out of the way and went full steam ahead to working on this NIH internship. They have the best recreational therapy program in the country and would be an incredible thing to have on my resume. The whole application process to apply for them too the lesser part of an afternoon and everything was submitted. (Much easier than the other internships I was applying for!) I have an interview next week with them and hope things go well! (It's four hours!) If all goes well Washington D.C. will be my home for even longer! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good Luck! Let me know how it all goes, we would love to have you around longer. let's get together soon.
ReplyDeleteGood job! You are awesome! I know everything will work out the way it's supposed to. Good luck with everything!
ReplyDelete