Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Verdict is in...

After weeks of interviews and a LOT of faith I have a plan and an internship! I will be completing a Therapeutic Recreation internship this fall at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. It is still in the D.C. metro area so I will still be in D.C. and I could not be happier! NIH has an incredible recreational therapy program and they have created an internship specifically for me so I can work with kids. I am thrilled to be in a well established recreational therapy program where I can do what I am really passionate about and work with the population I want. About have of my patients will be oncology patients and the other half is a mix of unknown or rare diseases and disorders. I am thankful for really trusting in the Lord and allowing Him to guide my life and having the faith to let Him lead me. I could not be happier!

4 comments: