Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Later

It was early in the morning. We were getting ready for school, just like any other day. My dad had been working in the shop that working. He turned on the radio and heard the news. He rushed in and turned in the TV. I sat there with him and we were shocked at what we saw. And then I witnessed the second plane fly into the second tower.
It's hard to believe it has been ten years since that day. I will forever be grateful for my 6th grade teachers who left the TV on that day so we could watch the news. I am thankful for Mrs. Laughlin my reading teacher who talked to us about what was happening and helped us understand. I talk to other people who were about my age and how they didn't really understand what happened that day but because of her I did, at least as much as an 11 year old could.
I was scared. I didn't know if there were more attacks planned or if something might happen in my little town. I remember coming home and watching everything I could and wrote down on a little notepad everything they knew about what had happened that morning.
Ten years later I am a whole decade older, almost twice the age I was, and much has happened since that day. But my memories of that day haven't faded and I don't think they ever will. I do not know anyone personally who died that day but I come together with them as a nation under God who still turns to him. I am thankful for all of those who serve this country and are willing to lay down their lives for the freedom I enjoy. It is ten years later and I will never forget 9/11/01.

No comments:

Post a Comment