I must confess, I'm a daddy's girl. From when I was little I just adored my dad. I remember being so small and walking beside him on the farm and holding his hand and just loving it and him. I would love to go on trips with him whether it was an afternoon trip up to Tremonton or the long trips to Delta to get hay for the trips to Montana with a quick stop at the Idaho Falls temple because he knew I loved that temple and I had never been there to see it in person.
My dad has always been there to talk to me and calm me down when I get all worked up. He has a way of calming me down and he always helps me think clearly. I can think of so many times when I just needed someone to help me talk through things and he was always there. I'm sure he knows by now whenever I go find him in the shop while he's working and just follow him around until I find just the right way to bring up what's on my mind. Sometimes if I'm not quick enough he just asks what's going on. I talk to him about all kinds of things and I'm sure when this happens he is never sure what will be on my mind.
My dad is a great source of knowledge about the gospel. Any question I ever have or even is I was want to talk and wonder about the wonders of creation he is such a great teacher. I am sure he was my primary teacher for at least half of the time I was in primary and I remember being so proud my dad was the teacher. He is a great teacher of the gospel in our home.
I can't go without mentioning the countless fathers blessings I have received. From the times when I needed them most and all I had to do was call his name and he was by my side, to the blessings before the school year started even after I went to college. I am so grateful that my dad has always been a worthy priesthood holder and the patriarch of our home. He is a leader and a loving friend. He is a great example of service to me, he is always so willing to help anyone and everyone many times putting everyone before himself. He is so selfless and loving.
I love when my dad using farming analogies to teach me life lessons. They are the ones I love the most. These farming analogies really drive the moral of the story home. I love his passion for farming and they opportunity that I have had to go to work with him and really work side by side with him. (Though sometimes I put up a fight and drug my feet I really enjoyed all the time we spent working together on pipe projects and other things).
Dad is such a great blessing in my life is so many ways I can't even count them all. I couldn't imagine a better dad for me. I'm so blessed to have a father who also teaches me and helps me know of my father in heaven as well. Thank you Dad for everything and for loving me. I pray that one day I will be lucky enough to find someone like you but don't worry I will always have a place in my heart that's just for you! I'm so glad I have the opportunity to call you MY dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment