Growing up I always thought I would love having my own room. Those nights when my sister or I would read until 3 or 4 in the morning and keep the other awake. Or I was talking on the phone and wanted privacy but she could still be in there because "it was her room too!" In college I've always had a roommate but for the last few weeks I've had a room to myself. My old roommate moved out and my new one just moved it. Every night between now and then I have actually dreaded going to bed! I hate going to bed alone. I miss having someone to talk to. I miss someone being there if I have a bad dream just to be sure that I'm not alone and I'm okay. I even miss the noise of someone else in the room rustling or snoring. (The extra noise makes it difficult to hear the monsters.)
I As I thought about it the other night as I was laying there alone I was so grateful for the endless nights that my sister and I would lay awake at night talking. Or the nights that even when we were teenagers and we would have a bad dream and climb in bed with each other. I miss getting the giggles late at night with her and having my parents yell down the hall countless time to roll over and go to sleep. I love my sister dearly and even though we had our spats sharing a room or sharing a bed and I couldn't keep my feet on my side of the bed she really was a great roommate. I always am so grateful for her little act of service of clearing all her stuff off my bed when I come home and even turning the covers down for me when I get home late.
I'm excited to have a roommate again and look forward to not being alone with just the monsters under my bed. (Though my blanket made by my mom has protected me many a nights) c:
No comments:
Post a Comment