Saturday, September 11, 2010

Junioritis...

So it's now two weeks into school and I've barely done any homework! I just love being here and enjoy learning but not exactly the homework part. In all it honestly isn't too bad and there have been some good reasons not to do homework! Over Labor Day weekend my brother and sister came down and it was super fun! We went shopping for some missionary things and hand some good times. We aren't very good at taking pictures so we had to take one before the weekend was over.

It was also the first BYU football game of the season! I love BYU football! Here is our group who will be so excited the whole season. We are proud to not be distinguished as fair weather fans! Go BYU!!

The service center has also been super busy! I've never seen so many people in the offices. It makes me so excited to see how many people just come in because they want to serve! They truly love the Lord and are willing to be an instrument in His hand.

I have been to my Women's Conference meeting for a few weeks now and it is one of the most incredible things I have ever been a part of. The women that I associate with at this meeting are extraordinary. Most are on some kind of general axillary committee for the church. Each one of them are great examples to be and I'm not sure how I have been blessed with the opportunity to serve with these women. I am excited to continue on in this endeavor and to learn and grow closer to my Savior.

I am a junior now and as I realized at the beginning of this semester, I'm running out of classes to take. I know I have classes to take but they are not available with other classes. (For some reason someone thought it would be fun to schedule all the classes I need to take all at the same time!) I was really feeling uncomfortable about my schedule before the first day of school but I just thought it was nerves. I wasn't sure why because I've been going to school for a few years now and I think I got the hang of it. But as I went to the first few of my classes I realized that I couldn't have this schedule. One class was conflicting with my Women's Conference meeting and without that I wouldn't have enough credits to keep my scholarship. So I made a few changes, and a few changes again, and again. By Wednesday I had changed my schedule six different times. Finally on Wednesday I thought I should go about this the right way and pray about it. So I did, and surely I am grateful for how patient the Lord is with me. He already told me what I needed to do last week it just didn't register with me. Like He always is, He was patient and waited for me to learn my lesson but still kept me close. I'm grateful for the power of prayer and a loving Heavenly Father who allows us to have such a personal relationship with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment