Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Women's Conference

Every year thousands of women come to BYU for Women's Conference. This year I had the opportunity to be involved with one of the service projects, fleece blankets. There is a need for over 14,000 fleece blankets all over Utah and Salt Lake county so we made 650 fleece blankets. My roommates and I were in charge of overseeing the ladies and helping them out if they had any questions. It was a great success and everyone enjoyed their time of service.

After they had all the pieces cut out for the blankets they had extra strips and didn't want them to go to waste. So they asked the women who were helping if they could help make scarves with them. I took all the leftovers and because I didn't have anything planned for the week made 86 fleece scarves. It was a lot of work but in the end it was a lot of fun!

I'm so glad I had the opportunity to be involved with this service project. It anyone has the chance the end of April take the time to come to Women's Conference to learn and grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment