
My next activity was our ward Thanksgiving dinner and Service Auction. We had a Thanksgiving dinner and then everyone in the ward provided services the be auctioned off. Things like dates, dinners, movie rentals, rock climbing, blankets, letters, and lots of other things. Everyone got $100 just for coming and then for every can of food they brought they got $5. By the end of it we had too many services to auction off and over two heaping shopping carts full of food for the food bank! The dinner, which was the part that I was in charge of, we pretty well too. I had never been to a ward activity that was just our ward so I didn't really know how many to expect but predictions were pretty close. It is always better to have too much food than not enough! The only thing I forgot was butter for the rolls! But I'll always remember that from now on! The whole night everyone had a wonderful time! I'm so glad that I have the opportunity to have this calling. I love working with people and I love to party!!
No comments:
Post a Comment