Zac came down and stayed with me for a bit and got to taste a little bit of what college life was like, but only from a girls perspective that, in his opinion, studies too much! But it was nice to have buddy there with me for a while and to enjoy my party.
Shortly after our fun weekend we headed back home to Oregon for Thanksgiving. Everyone was home this year and in their places, included the dogs ready to beg for leftovers. Luckily Katie is still a puppy and can't quite reach the counter to flip food off like Zoey did last year during the holidays. I packed all my laundry 400 miles home so I could do it for free. So while i spend my break doing laundry and eating lots of yummy food I enjoyed having a break from school. Friday after Thanksgiving we went out past Unity (100 miles west of Nyssa) to cut down Christmas trees! It was so fun to be out in the forest and they weren't the perfect tree farm trees. I found a wonderful looking trees that was about 20 feet tall! But it we cut it, it would look nice in my small apartment. After cutting down a tree for everyone we hauled them back home. I left very early the next morning for my much anticipated return to Provo. I had a ticket to BYU's biggest rivalry in football, out BYU cougars were taking on the Utah Utes!! I made it out of town pretty quick. I didn't make the journey alone this time. The tree we cut down for my apartment joined me. Dad helped me cut it to make it fit in my car and we were on our way. I decided if it was just me and the tree that he should have a name, Moose. I tried to think of the name of the Moose on Brother Bear but couldn't remember so I settled on Moose. We made it in good time and were very excited to finally go to a BYU vs. Utah football game! If you heard about the game it was so exciting!! It went into overtime at the end and BYU came out on top! Fans stormed the field and it was so fun to be there! It was freezing but what else can you expect from Provo in November when you want to be outside? It was a great day and a nice end to a long weekend!
(PICTURE)
I went back for the last week of school but had the chance to make a quick flight home for my best friend, Saije's wedding. She was beautiful! It was freezing outside but the snow was pretty for pictures! I flew back the next day for a week of finals.
The went well and school ended up having a good semester. I had a bunch of people ride home with me and en route a lady decided to run us off the road but while things were very stressful for about a minute but we made it out with only a great story to tell.
Christmas break has been wonderful! Christmas Eve we had our traditional finger food meal and of course the pets made their presence at the party as well.
Santa came and brought me some pretty great things! I have been wanting to make a quilt recently and so I got two books to help me make them and figure everything out. I'm really excited to start working on my very first quilt! I always have good intentions of being crafty but I never seem to follow through but this time I am determined to finish this! Hopefully there will be updates on how my quilt making is going. It has been nice to have a break and not be putting off homework while I've been enjoying myself. I have found that when I am home that isn't a lot to do. It's great to spent time with my family and see my friends but we run out of things to do pretty quick. The first night I was home the singles ward had a Holiday dance that was a lot of fun and it was good to see old friends and meet new people.
New years eve Kyler and I couldn't come up with anything exciting to do so we are going to try out the Boise institute New Year's eve party. This have been a great year and I'm excited for my new year resolutions and to see what this next year brings. A new year is always a time when things can start new things and improve on other things. Life is flying by one semester at a time but I love life and can't wait to see what this next semester brings!
Kendra,
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through your facebook. It's so fun to see how you and your family are doing. We have a blog too.