Monday, August 6, 2012

I think I'll go to Boston

Last weekend I make a trip up to Boston. My freshman roommate is from Boston and always said I had to visit there some day. She was more right than I could have imagined! I loved Boston! If I didn't live in DC I would definitely live in Boston. If I had to use one word to describe Boston it would be enchanting. We were so busy all weekend and did and saw a ton of things!
 Cobblestone and hidden beautiful streets
The Capitol
 Saturday we went up to New Hampshire and had a lobster bake on the beach! We baked 40 lobster! They were so good and it was fun playing with them before they sacrificed their lives my my yummy lunch!
 This is how we baked them. Barrels sawed in half, hot rocks in the bottom, coals to heat up the rocks, gather seaweed, put seaweed on rocks, throw lobster on top, cover with seaweed, and steam for 30 minutes or as long as you can before the cops make you put it out! :)
Sharing a photo with a seagull but was not as fan of me intruding on his glamor shot!

A lovely Sunday afternoon at the temple.
The Boston temple's foundation is actually carved out of a huge rock in the ground and at the top of a hill. It is beautiful! The wise man did build His house upon a rock. :)
Harvard
Saw a few cemeteries and beautiful churches. 
 
BYU friends are friends forever!
Quincey Market
 Took a ferry out to an island in Boston's harbor.
Saw the oldest standing lighthouse in the U.S. and the only one actually still ran by a person. (Who is actually a woman.) Beautiful!
There were so many other things we did that were not photographed. We swam in Waldon's Pond, saw where the first shot was fired for the Revolutionary War. It really was a perfect weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how cool is this!!! I'm so so jealous of this trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous too! Sounds so fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walden pond is three minutes away from my old house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE BOSTON!

    I found your blog through "Love the Grows"

    xo,

    shalyceoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete