Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend in the City

A couple weeks ago I was lucky enough to be able to fly to Washington D.C. for the weekend. It was in the middle of my month of midterms so before and after the trip were pretty stressful with school but the weekend was perfect! It is my favorite city and I didn't know it was possible but it is even more charming in the fall! I flew in Thursday night. It was a direct flight which was really nice. It's not a bad flight unless you along with every other Delta flight is grounded for over an hour before you leave. But it's okay, I can be patient! My cousin's husband works right next to the airport and picked me up, it was really nice of him especially since I got in an hour later than my original 11pm. The next morning I went to work. I got to use my metro card again and I remembered how much I love that city and everything about it. I made it to work and was so excited I could hardly stand it. It was so great to see all my friends I worked with and especially my patients! All three of the patients I wanted to see most were all there. It probably is bad to hope they are in the hospital but I was glad I got to see them. I spent my day with them buying pizza, getting updates on happenings, and comforting them while they were sick. A piece of my heart is still with them. I love them and will never forget the impact they made on my life.
After work this lucky girl got to go to the Kennedy Center for my new favorite thing, the theatre! We saw Les Miserables and it was so good! I am still listening to the soundtrack and I love every song. It is such a great story and the cast was great! We had tickets in the orchestra seating and they were amazing. They are very firm about not taking pictures while in the theatre so no luck there but this was outside.

I am so glad I have someone who enjoys going to the theatre as much as I do and is willing to go with me!

I also got to see the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial that was opened right after I left in August.

Asher, my cousin's cute baby, and me. He was pretty tired!!

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say you look gorgeous in that dress at Les Mis? Rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you could come. We love when you come visit:)

    ReplyDelete