Monday, January 10, 2011

Finally Made it Home!

It was so nice to finally make it home! Since I didn't go home for Thanksgiving the last time I was home was for Zac's farewell. So I was ready to be home! As soon as I got home we left the next morning to go check out a new farm up in Nez Perce, Idaho. On the way we stopped at the market that we sell the eggs at and it was really fun to walk around and see everything else that they sell there. As a college student I try and live on a budget and nothing there was in my price range but I did have good eggs for trading. The farm is 230 acres and dry farm. Dad really likes the idea and it will be much easier for him as he gets older and doesn't have any help to do the work. We really liked the ground but the house that went with it was way over priced and we didn't really like the idea of living up there. It's over a half an hour to church where the ward is a little struggling. I know our ward has it's own struggles but at least it's our ward. We decided that we wanted the farm but all we had to do was see ours to make it work...not that we thought that would be hard.
When we got home it was nice to sleep in and take it easy for a while. I read a few books and just relaxed. It really was so nice and just what I needed. It was really snowy at home and stay below freezing just about the whole time I was home so I stayed inside all bundled up. My sister decorated the whole house for Christmas so it was so warm and cozy! Christmas eve was wonderful as usual. This year we added these little mini potatoes that we had with the cheese fondue and it was surely a good addition to the traditional food. I love the tradition we have for Christmas eve. Christmas morning started early! Mom had to work so at 6am we all got up to open presents. To make things quick so we could do everything before Mom left we didn't hide presents this year. It was kind of strange being home for Christmas because over half of us are now real adults but the magic was still there! I love it!
The week after Christmas we sold the farm! It was crazy how many people were interested and how blessed we are! Part of the deal in selling it was that we were able to live in the house for a few years. Then my brother can come home from his mission to his own room and all of us can kind of figure out where we are going to be in a few years and settle down a bit.
New Years Eve my brother and I went and spent some time with our friends. It was fun, we've never been a really big New Years eve party kind of family but one day I will be in Time Square for New Years Eve. I have heard that it's not as cool as everyone thinks it will be but it's still something that I want to experience in my life! It's on my bucket list!
Overall it was a good break! It's good to be back in Provo in my own apartment. It's what I call home but home is changing soon. I made some decisions over break that I'm really excited about but I have to wait for everything to be sure before I share any details. I continue to be so grateful for the Lord's watchful eye over me. I know He is always with me. He knows everything I need and am so grateful because most of the time I don't even know what I need! I can't believe all the things that are coming together to make this whole plan work out! I can't wait it's going to be awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment