Monday, December 13, 2010

JOY!

i wasn't exactly sure what to title this post but joy seemed to be fitting. I ended up not making it home for Thanksgiving because of "the storm of the century" that hit Utah and sure enough Provo only got a dusting of snow. I ended up going to Grandma's and seeing some extended family that I hadn't seen in a while. It wasn't quite the same but I am still grateful for the opportunity I had to see them. Later that week I went to my Grandpa's brother's funeral and I was really grateful that I could be there with him. The plan of salvation brings me so much joy and comfort. It was wonderful to remember his life and have comfort in knowing that the joy he brought to those who knew him now will continue in the next life.
The looming finals week have finally arrived and leading up to finals it sometimes is hard for me to really feel the Christmas spirit when I'm not home and focused on school. But this year I really have felt the love and spirit of the season each day. My roommate and I have put together two Christmas puzzles this year and just focused on sharing the bringing the spirit of the season. Yesterday being Sunday we had our Christmas program and it was such a wonderful feeling. We made treats and decided to visit people. We got busy and ended up not being able to visit the people we wanted but on the spur of the moment I decided to go and visit a friend of mine. As she answered the door she started to cry and was so happy I was there. I could not have felt more loved! It brought so much joy that I could be there for someone. After I got home my roommate and I had a friend come over and he was just so happy and filled with the spirit of the season. It was so uplifting to us for him to be so happy and visit us.
Not only was it wonderful to see all these people around me but my sister sent me a message on Facebook that said:
"I would like to publicly announce to the entire world that my sister is the most amazing wonderful steller kind and sweet girl I know and anyone who disagrees with me must not know her! I love you sissy!"
I cannot lie, it brought tears to my eyes. I love her so much! and am so grateful that I am blessed with her and she is such a joy in my life. I love the spirit of the season and I always try to feel and share it all year long! I am grateful for the season and to feel the joy and love the celebration of our Savior's birth brings to this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment