The month of July has been an incredibly spiritual time for me. So many things have happened and I've learned so much!
The beginning of the month my brother got his mission call. He is going to Bogota, Columbia! He opened it early Friday morning before we all met in Wyoming to go camping. I am so excited for him, quite possibly more excited than he is, though I don't think so. I am so proud of him and his decision to serve the Lord with everything he has. It is a little different for me because we have always done everything together and last week when he went through the temple I was a little bit sad that I wasn't there with him but at the same time I was so proud of him and his preparation and worthiness to receive his endowments and make new covenants with our Heavenly Father. I love my brother and I'm thankful for his example of faith and trust in the Lord through anything that comes in our lives.
The next thing that happened was such a special experience to me. I was having a terrible week and couldn't figure out why. I was living my life in accordance with what the Lord would have me be doing but I still had a constant flow of temptations and bad thoughts and things like that. I even came home one night physically sick because of all these temptations I was having. I talked to my roommate about it and we didn't really know what was going on. Finally on Friday when I was headed to work I stopped my to pick up the mail. There was a letter to me from the office of the President of BYU. Those kind of letters don't come around everyday and at the rate my week had been going I was worried that I might be losing my scholarship. I opened the letter and before I could even read it all I was so overcome by the spirit of the Lord and as clear as I had ever heard in my mind, I knew that the Lord had spent months preparing me for this calling. I was called to serve for the next year on the Women's Conference Committee. I have never received a calling like this and known so clearly in my mind that this calling was for me and the Lord had been preparing me and knew what things I needed in my life to prepare me for it. I still am not 100 percent sure what I am doing but I know it will be a great experience and it's only the beginning.
i have never had a week be so tempting and spiritually hard than that week and then when I got the calling. The more i reflect on it the more i can see the Lords hand that guided me through all of Satan's traps.i was in tears because i knew what had just happened and that Satan knew what was about to happen and when i was called i have never been so overcome by the spirit knowing that the Lord had called me specifically for this calling and that the call wasn't from the president of BYU but it was the Lord calling me. I learned even more so that relying on him He will take us through any challenge or trial and even the happy times. Staying close to our Savior will help us keep His perspective on our lives and help us from being torn down by the things of this world. I'm grateful for my faith in our Savior and knowledge of the gospel and the strength and power the Lord gives me everyday to not only make it through my day but to help someone else along their way.
Wow Kendra, I had goosebumps the whole time I was reading this. I kinda hate reading your blog cus I cant read it without tears coming to my eyes :)
ReplyDeleteIm so excited for your exciting calling. You are such an amazing person and this calling definetly came from the Lord. It makes me so happy to hear you bear testimony and to just remind us all how true the gospel is and how amazing the strength that comes from the holy ghost can be in our lives if we allow him to help us.
Thank you so much for sharing this, and thanks for being such a good example!