Dear Beautiful girl,
You passed away today and I know it was time for you to go. Sometimes dying is not the worst option. You taught me so many things in the little time that I was blessed to know you.
The first day I met you we spent the afternoon you kicking my trash in video games. You were happy despite your circumstances and that was the first thing I learned from you. The more I learned about your life the more I was impressed by you. I enjoyed the time we spent together the days and few weeks after that. Then there was a close call with death but knowing you, you like to keep things exciting. You were scared, and honestly so was I, I had never been in this situation before and I wasn't sure how to handle it myself but I knew you couldn't always be strong. Those three hours I spent that afternoon holding you as you cried wouldn't change for the world. From that day I loved going with you to your doctor appointments, playing uno with you for hours. I will never forget the day when I told you it was our last game of uno and you cheated for an hour and a half with over half the deck in your hand. When I finally caught on you said you were only doing it so I wouldn't leave. There are so many memories I have with you.
No matter how hard your days were you always we walking around encouraging others. Your circumstance was worse than some others but you never let that bother you. This was just something that you had to deal with and you chose to not let it define you. Even in your last moments I believe you were thinking of others and gave us the time we needed with you to day good-bye. Of course, you did it with your own spunk!
Cancer is a hard fight, and you made a valiant effort. You inspired me every day. I still think of you often and think of the heart you have.
You have a beautiful soul. I know you have a great to work to do. I am thankful for the time I was blessed to know you. I love you and I know you are still doing a great work. I can't wait to see you again some day!
With love from all of us still here,
Kendra
I'm sorry Kendra! I hope you are doing alright! I know you blessed her life so much! Let me know if you need anything!
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing this i need to hear this today, i have a close friend who is suffering from cancer. xoxo
ReplyDelete